Basic Properties of Adlyxin
Generic name: Lixisenatide subcutaneous injection
Active substance: Lixisenatide
The remedy Adlyxin is based on the Lixisenatide, GLP-1 receptor agonist (glucagon-like peptide 1), which includes 44 amino acids. The drug also contains additional ingredients such as:
- glycerol 85% (54mg),
- sodium acetate trihydrate (10,5mg),
- methionine (9,0mg),
- meta cresol (8,1mg)
- hyaluronic acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
A package of Adlyxin includes 2 single-patient use prefilled pens. 1 disposable pen contains 3ml of the injectable solution; 1ml of the solution contains 100mg lixisenatide.
Do not use one pen for different patients!!!
It is a sterile, homogenous, transparent, colorless, and liquid solution for subcutaneous injections.
Adlyxin is recommended for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus as a supplement to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control (blood sugar levels).
If you think about using the drug for children, the safety of its application in pediatrics has not been established.
Limitations of Use
Adlyxin injections are not recommended in the following cases:
- Pancreatitis. The product has not been approved for use in patients with pancreatitis (chronic or unexplained, pancreatitis C);
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus. It is not a substitute for insulin;
- Diabetic ketoacidosis;
- Patients who take short-acting insulin;
Dosage and Administration of Adlyxin for type 2 diabetes mellitus
You should start to inject Adlyxin in the dose of 10 mcg (green pen) subcutaneously one time in the day an hour before the first meal for 2 weeks (14 days). After that, the patient should increase the dose to the maintenance dose (burgundy pen) of 20 mcg per day starting on the 15th day.
Important Administration Instructions
Healthcare provider should inform the patient about important instructions to follow before, during, and after the injection and teach him/her or caregivers how to perform the injection:
- Check the solution in the pen before you give an injection. It should be transparent and colorless;
- Any visible violation in the consistency or coloration signal the remedy is not safe to use;
- Adlyxin can be administered subcutaneously in the area of the abdomen, upper arm, or thigh;
- The injections should be performed once a day on a regular basis;
- Change the site of injection. Do not administer the remedy in one and the same area in series;
- The injections should be given preferably at the same time each day, an hour before the first meal. If the patient for some reason did not have a dose, he/she should take it within one hour before the next meal;
- Provide detailed instructions on the drug storage conditions: keep the pen in a dry and dark place in the original box and discard the pen after 2 weeks, the patient started using it for the first time.
Side Effects of Adlyxin
The possible side effects of Lixisenatide GLP 1 receptor agonist may include:
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Abdominal pain;
- Hypoglycemia (if coadministered with basal insulin).
Side effects manifestations are individual and cannot be predicted by the healthcare provider. In the beginning, the doctor should make sure the patient does not have any contraindications for the drug and monitor the patient’s organism’s reactions to Adlyxin.
Storage and Handling Conditions
Adlyxin should be stored in a refrigerator at the temperature 36° – 46°F (2°C – 8°C) up to its first usage. Do not freeze. The prefilled pen should be kept in the original package to protect it from the sunlight.
After the first use, store below 86°F (30°C). Replace the pen cap after each use to protect it from light. Discard pen 14 days after first use.
Where to Buy Adlyxin with Lixisenatide (GLP 1 receptor agonists)?
You can buy Adlyxin at Insulin.store, the Canadian pharmaceutical company that delivers to the USA. Our benefits:
- 100% authentic top-quality products;
- wide variety of brands;
- affordable prices, lower than on the local market;
- fast delivery;
- friendly customer support.
All you need to buy Adlyxin at our website Insulin.store is to choose the product, add it to the cart, upload your prescription, and we will proceed with your order. In case you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our support team, and we’ll gladly help you out.
Remember it is not a substitute for insulin.