Insulin Byetta in the form of release of a pen with exenatide (exendin-4, a glucagon-like polypeptide receptor agonist, and a 39-amino acid amido peptide) for injections for the patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus by BAXTER PHARMACEUTICAL SOLUTIONS, LLC is an anti-diabetes medication that can be used as a monotherapy or in combination with other drugs.
The composition also includes excipients: sodium acetate trihydrate – 1.59 mg, acetic acid – 1.1 mg, mannitol – 43 mg, metacresol – 2.2 mg, water – q.s. up to 1 ml.
The solution for subcutaneous injections is a transparent, colorless, or almost colorless liquid, where 1ml contains 250 mcg of exenatide.
If you have a valid prescription from the doctor, you can buy Insulin Byetta or any other insulin medication on Insulin.store at the most beneficial prices in the USA.
You can use Byetta as a:
- type 2 diabetes mellitus as monotherapy in addition to diet and exercise to achieve adequate glycemic control.
- type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct therapy to metformin, a sulfonylurea derivative, thiazolidinedione, a combination of metformin and a sulfonylurea derivative, or metformin and thiazolidinedione if adequate glycemic control is not achieved;
- type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct therapy to a combination of basal insulin and metformin drugs to decreases high blood sugar levels.
Dosage and Application
Byetta injection is performed subcutaneously into the thigh, abdomen, or shoulder area.
The initial dose is 5 mcg, which is administered 2 times/day at any time during the 60-minute period before morning and evening meals. The drug should not be administered after a meal. If the injection of the drug is missed, the treatment continues without changing the dose.
1 month after the start of treatment, the dose for Byetta injection can be increased to 10 mcg 2 times/day.
When the drug Byetta is prescribed together with metformin, thiazolidinedione, or with a combination of these drugs, the initial dose of metformin and/or thiazolidinedione may not change. In the case of a combination of Byetta with sulfonylurea derivatives, it may be necessary to reduce the dose of the sulfonylurea derivative in order to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
In the case of a combination of Byetta with an insulin preparation, it may be necessary to reduce the dose of insulin preparation in order to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
Side Effects of Byetta
Very often – a skin reaction at the injection site (itching).
Often – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, loss of appetite, dizziness.
Rarely – skin reactions at the site of injection (rash, redness).
When using Byetta as monotherapy, the incidence of cases of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) was 5% compared with 1% placebo.
Most episodes of hypoglycemia were mild or moderate in intensity.
Very often – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypoglycemia (in combination with a sulfonylurea derivative), skin reaction at the site of administration (itching).
Often – dyspepsia, trembling, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, weakness, gastroesophageal reflux.
Uncommon – abdominal pain, bloating, belching, constipation, impaired taste, flatulence.
Rarely – drowsiness, skin reactions at the site of injection (rash, redness), dehydration (in most cases associated with nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea), angioedema, acute pancreatitis, impaired renal function (including acute renal failure, worsening of chronic renal insufficiency, increased serum creatinine concentration).
Very rarely – anaphylactic reaction.
In case of serious side effects or other complications, especially if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction, stop using Byetta and immediately report it to your health care provider.
- hypersensitivity to exenatide or excipients that make up the drug;
- type 1 diabetes mellitus or the presence of diabetic ketoacidosis;
- severe renal failure (CC <30 ml/min);
- the presence of severe gastrointestinal diseases with concomitant gastric paresis;
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- children under 18 years of age (the safety and efficacy of the drug in children has not been established);
- acute pancreatitis.
Where to Buy Byetta Exenatide?
Insulin.store – a Canadian pharmaceutical company with insulin products for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Our benefits:
- wide assortments of brands and manufacturers of insulin medications;
- attractive prices (lower than from the local USA suppliers);
- safe packaging of thermal boxes with gel ice if required;
- fast and free shipping to the USA;
- free consultations with our specialists;
- friendly and helpful customer support.
If this is your first time purchasing from Insulin.store, you may visit the ‘How to order page’ to get acquainted with the terms of placing an order and cooperating with our company. Otherwise, our team of sales managers and customer support representatives is always waiting for your call to help you out with any of your questions.