Basic Properties of Lantus Cartridges with Insulin Glargine
Lactus remedies belong to the pharmacological group of hypoglycemic agents, long-lasting human insulin glargine used to treat diabetes mellitus requiring insulin treatment. Except for insulin glargine, the drug also contains m-cresol, zinc chloride; glycerol (85%); sodium hydroxide; hydrochloric acid; water for injections.
Insulin glargine is an analog of the human long-acting insulin.
The remedy is a transparent and colorless solution for subcutaneous injection for blood sugar control in adults, adolescents, and children 6 years of age and older.
You can buy insulin Lantus cartridges 5 x 3 ml, pens, and any other products for type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes mellitus on Insulin.store at the best prices in the USA.
Dosage and Rules of Administration
Lantus Solostar 5 x 3 ml injection should be administered subcutaneously. The patient should take Lantus injections every day at the same time of the day. The injection should be performed into the subcutaneous fat of the abdomen, thighs, or shoulders. The patient should also switch injection sites every time to avoid local reactions like redness, pain, itching, hives, swelling, or inflammation.
Intravenous administration of the usual dose, intended for subcutaneous administration, can cause the development of severe hypoglycemia.
The dose of Lantus injection and the time of day for its administration are selected individually. In patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, Lantus can be used both as monotherapy and in combination with other hypoglycemic drugs.
In case if you want to replace your scheme of medium-acting or long-acting type of insulin injection treatment with Lantus insulin glargine treatment, you should talk to your doctor to adjust the dosage of insulin dose and correct the concomitant blood glucose therapy.
Overdose of Lantus Injection
Symptoms: severe and sometimes prolonged life-threatening hypoglycemia.
The episodes of moderate hypoglycemia are usually controlled by ingestion of easily digestible carbohydrates. It may be necessary to change the dosage regimen of the drug, diet, or physical activity. Episodes of more severe hypoglycemia, accompanied by coma, seizures, or neurological disorders, require intramuscular or subcutaneous administration of glucagon, as well as intravenous administration of a concentrated dextrose solution.
Possible Side Effects of Lantus Injection
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar);
- Eye side effects – temporary visual impairment;
- Lipodystrophy – possible development of lipodystrophy and local delay in absorption of insulin;
- Local reactions at the injection site and allergic reaction: redness, pain, itching, hives, swelling, or inflammation
- Other reactions – using insulin may cause the possible development of antibodies (rare side effect), which demands the correction of insulin dosage.
In the case of any severe reactions, immediately contact your doctor to get medical help right away.
- hypersensitivity to insulin glargine or any of the excipients or if the patient is allergic to insulin;
- children under 6 (there is currently no clinical data on using Lantus);
- should be used with caution in pregnant women (tell your doctor if you are going to get pregnant before you are prescribed with Lantus Solostar treatment);
- breastfeeding mothers may need the adjustment of their diet when taking Lantus Solostar 5 x 3 ml;
- should be used with caution in patients with a heart failure history, exceeded heartbeat, low blood pressure, etc.
The presence of any of these points either completely prohibits to use Lantus or demands adjustment of the diet, exercise, and lifestyle.
Storage Conditions of the Drug Lantus
Lantus Solostar cartridges 5 x 3 ml should be stored in a dark place in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2-8 ° C (do not freeze). After initial use, store at a room temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in cardboard packaging (but not in the refrigerator).
Where to buy Insulin Lantus Cartridges?
Insulin.store is a Canadian pharmaceutical company that supplies insulin products for patients with diabetes to control blood sugar levels from the world’s top brands and manufacturers. We ship to the USA, and our prices are much more beneficial than on the local market.
You may place an order on our website or by contacting any of our sales representatives. Please visit the ‘How to order’ page if this your first time you buy from our company. If you need professional consultation, help with an order, information on your parcel, or any other information, you are always welcome to contact our team at any convenient for you way.