Basic Properties of Humulin R
Humulin R u 100 per ml from the Swiss company ELI LILLY VOSTOK S.A is a short-acting insulin preparation to improve glycemic control. The active substance is regular human insulin (human genetically engineered ). The concentration of the active substance in the Humulin insulin drugs, including Humulin R, is 100 units of insulin per 1 ml. The other excipients of the medication include metacresol, glycerol (glycerin), water, hydrochloric acid (10% solution), and/or sodium hydroxide (10% solution) to create the required pH level.
The package includes 1 vial with a transparent, colorless, or almost colorless suspension or injections.
You can buy insulin preparations on our website Insulin.store. Please note that you will have to provide a valid prescription from the doctor to buy Humulin or any other insulin product from our company.
- Diabetes mellitus if there are indications for insulin therapy;
- newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus;
- pregnancy with type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent).
Dosage and Rules of Administration
The dose is determined by the doctor individually, depending on the level of glycemia. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, appearance of new medical conditions, change in the diet, physical activity, or lifestyle may require adjusting the dose of regular insulin in accordance with the new needs of the organism.
The drug should be administered subcutaneously, intravenously, possibly intramuscularly.
Subcutaneous administration of the drug should be done into the shoulder, thigh, buttocks, or abdomen. The site of injections must be alternated so that the same site is used no more than about 1 time/month.
When administered subcutaneously, care must be taken to avoid entering the blood vessel. After injection, do not massage the site of injection. Patients should be trained in the correct use of insulin delivery devices.
Humulin R does not require resuspension and can only be used if its content is a clear, colorless liquid without visible particles. Check the vial and expiration date before using the medicine. The contents of the vial should be drawn into an insulin syringe corresponding to the concentration of insulin injected, and the required dose of insulin should be administered as directed by the doctor.
The needles should not be reused. Needles and pens must not be used by others. Use cartridges and vials until they become empty, after which they should be discarded.
Always use an insulin syringe that matches the concentration of insulin you are administering.
Side Effects of Humulin
The injections with Humulin R u 100 10 ml can provoke the following side effects of the organism:
- hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
The severe case of hypoglycemia, which is caused by overdose with insulin medication, may lead to loss of consciousness and sometimes even death.
- Injection site reactions: possible local allergic reactions – hyperemia, swelling, itching (as a rule, these are short-lasting reactions that disappear within the next few days), systemic allergic reactions (are rare but more serious), general itching, difficult breathing, dyspnea, decreased blood pressure, increased heart rate, increased sweating (serious side effects that may become life-threatening). Patients with a history of severe allergic reactions and heart diseases should be placed under close medical supervision.
The patient taking Humulin insulin treatment should closely monitor his/her blood level and overall wellbeing to avoid the development of severe side effects. In case of any serious allergic reaction or other medical conditions, immediately call your doctor to get the following instructions and medical help if needed.
Do not use Humulin R medication if you have at least one of the mentioned points:
- hypersensitivity to insulin or one of the components of the drug.
Humulin can be used in pregnant and breastfeeding patients. However, the level of blood sugar in such patients should be regularly monitored to correct insulin dose. The patients should also inform the doctor about pregnancy or their plans to get pregnant before being prescribed to take Humulin medicine.
During medical conditions such as liver dysfunction or impaired renal function, the need for insulin may decrease, so this will require the following correction of the dosage.
Where to Buy Humulin R U 100 per ml?
Insulin.store is a Canadian pharmaceutical company that distributes insulin products and insulin-like dietary supplements for adults and children, and even their pets with diabetes mellitus to reduce high blood sugar levels.
Why buy from Insulin.store?
- a wide range of insulin medications;
- affordable prices lower than on the local US market;
- flexible discounts;
- ability to buy 3 month supply to save even more;
- a subscription option for regular deliveries;
- safe packaging of your order in thermic boxes with dry ice if required;
- fast shipping from Canada;
- free professional consultation;
- friendly customer support.
To buy Humulin R u 100/ml, please visit Insulin.store, add the product to the cart, and follow the instructions described on the ‘How to order’ page. You may also contact our sales representatives to buy Humulin R u (100/ml), or in case you have any questions regarding the product/shipping/prices/service, etc.