Lucentis Vial 10 mg/ml solution for injection is a medication for the treatment of visual impairment due to DME (diabetic macular edema) and other associated symptoms. The active substance of the drug is ranibizumab, a monoclonal antibody fragment elaborated by Genentech. Inc. and distributed under the brand name Lucentis. The composition of the medication also includes α, α-trehalose dihydrate – 100/23 mg; L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate – 1.66/0.382 mg; L-histidine – 0.32/0.074 mg; polysorbate 20 – 0.1/0.023 mg; water for injection – up to 1/0.23 ml.
The medication is a liquid, transparent solution for injections in the vial o.23ml. 1ml of the solution contains 10mg of the active substance. 1 carton package of Lucentis includes 1 vial of the solution with a single-use injection needle equipped with a filter, syringe, and filter needle for intravitreal injection.
You can buy Lucentis 10 mg/ml solution for injection on our website Insulin.store if you have a valid prescription from the doctor. We provide one of the best prices for insulin products on the USA market.
Lucentis 10 mg/ml solution for injection is used to treat:
- treatment of patients with neovascular AMD (age-related macular degeneration) in adults;
- treatment of decrease in visual acuity due to diabetic macular edema as monotherapy or in combination with LA in patients who have previously undergone LA;
- treatment of decreased visual impairment due to macular edema following retinal vein occlusion (PCV or its branches);
- treatment of decreased visual acuity caused by choroidal neovascularization due to pathological myopia.
Dosage and Administration
The drug Lucentis 10 mg/ml solution is used only in the form of injections into the vitreous body.
The contents of one vial of Lucentis should be used for only one intravitreal injection. Only an ophthalmologist with experience in performing intravitreal injections should perform the injection procedure and administer ranibizumab (under aseptic conditions). The intraocular pressure should be monitored 30 minutes before and after the injection. Between the introduction of two doses of the drug, an interval of at least 1 month should be observed.
The recommended dose of Lucentis is 0.5 mg (0.05 ml) once a month as an injection into the vitreous body. When used to treat diabetic retinopathy (Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy) or DME, use a dose of 0.3mg instead of 0.5mg.
During treatment with the drug, monthly monitoring of OZ is carried out.
Side Effects and Safety Profile of Lucentis
The list of side effects in patients treated with Lucentis:
- Infections and invasions: very often – nasopharyngitis; often – influenza, urinary tract infection (observed only in patients with DMO);
- from the hematopoietic system: often – anemia;
- mental disorders: often – anxiety;
- from the nervous system: very often – headache; infrequently – a stroke;
- from the side of the organ of vision: very often – intraocular inflammation, inflammation of the vitreous humor, detachment of the vitreous humor, retinal hemorrhages, visual disturbances, eye pain, opacities in the vitreous humor, increased IOP, conjunctival hemorrhages, eye irritation, feeling of a foreign body in the eyes, lacrimation , blepharitis, dry eye syndrome, eye redness, itchy eyes; often – degenerative changes in the retina, retinal damage, retinal detachment, retinal ruptures, retinal pigment epithelium detachment, pigment epithelium rupture, decreased OH, vitreous hemorrhage, vitreous lesion, uveitis, iritis, iridocyclitis, cataract, posterior capsular cataract opacity lens, punctate keratitis, corneal erosion, cellular opalescence in the anterior chamber of the eye, blurred vision, hemorrhage at the injection site, ocular hemorrhages, conjunctivitis, allergic conjunctivitis, eye discharge, photopsia, photophobia, discomfort in the eyes, eyelids, eyelid edema hyperemia of the conjunctiva; infrequently – blindness, endophthalmitis, hypopyon, hyphema, keratopathy, iris adhesions, corneal deposits, corneal edema, corneal striae, pain and irritation at the injection site, atypical sensations in the eye and irritation of the eyelids;
- from the respiratory system: often – cough;
- from the digestive system: often – nausea;
- dermatological disorders: often – allergic reactions (rash, urticaria, pruritus, erythema);
- from the musculoskeletal system: very often – arthralgia.
If any of the adverse events indicated in the instructions are aggravated, or the patient has noticed any other side effects not listed in the instructions, you should inform your doctor.
Treatment with Lucentis is contraindicated to patients in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to ranibizumab or any other component of the drug;
- confirmed or suspected eye infections or infections of the periocular localization;
- intraocular inflammation;
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- children under 18 years of age (the efficacy and safety of the drug in this category of patients do not have sufficient clinical studies).
The patients should receive Lucentis with caution in the following cases:
- known history of hypersensitivity;
- the presence of risk factors for stroke;
- diabetic macular edema and macular edema due to RVO and choroidal neovascularization;
- a history of stroke or transient cerebral ischemia;
- with other drugs that affect vascular endothelial growth factor (local or systemic use)
Where to Buy Lucentis Vial 10mg/ml solution for injection?
If you are looking to buy Lucentis or any other medication for patients suffering from diabetes mellitus or its related problems, you are welcome to check Insulin.store. We are a Canadian pharmaceutical company that delivers insulin products to the United States of America at the most beneficial prices. With Insulin.store you get:
- wide assortment of insulin medications from the best brands and manufacturers;
- affordable prices and flexible discounts;
- scheduled deliveries option if required;
- free and fast shipping to the USA;
- safe packaging of products in thermal boxes with dry ice if required;
- professional consultations;
- friendly and helpful customer support.
All important information on how to place an order on Insulin.store, you may find on the ‘How to order‘ page. Please be informed that we will not be able to ship out your product if you do not provide us with a valid prescription from your doctor.
If you have any questions left, our managers will gladly help you out if you reach them during our operating hours.
J. Lockhart –
4 of 5.0
Effective product, and the price is nice. Recommend!
Carolyn Howard –
5 of 5.0
Procedure with Lucentis was quick and painless, but God I was scared. Not every day you get to experience a needle in your eye, you know. But the results are definitely worth it, it’s so good to see the world without the blurring effect.
5 of 5.0
I was terrified by the procedure, having something injected into your eye is not a piece of cake, let me tell you. But everything was okay, my doctor is amazing, and I trust her, so it’s fine. She recommended me to order Lucentis here, so I did, I’m 100% satisfied. All medications were delivered quickly, safely packed, I have no complaints. Thanks!
4 of 5.0
Very nice, I’m happy with your services. My three-month supply was delivered in five days. Thank you.
Dave C. –
4 of 5.0
Good product, really affordable prices. Thank you, Insulin.Store, for the opportunity to buy all my medications online!